Full Time | Launceston, North East
This position will work with people suffering from severe and persistent mental illness to provide support within their community. It will support NDIS participants to access supports and learn how to access their own supports, including the ongoing management and use of their plan funds. It is responsible for providing NDIS participants high level services and support, engaging them under a participant focused model focused on recovery and staying within the community. This position will work directly with the Community Support Team Leader receiving direction support and advice from this role.
This role works directly with NDIS participants providing:
- Assistance to strengthen participant’s abilities to coordinate supports & participate in the community. This includes resolving points of crisis, developing capacity & resilience in a participant’s network & coordinating supports from a range of sources.
- Support is provided to guide, prompt, or undertake activities to ensure the participant obtains/retains appropriate accommodation. May include assisting to apply for a rental tenancy or to undertake tenancy obligations.
- Further qualifications/experience required to strengthen a higher needs participant’s ability to coordinate their supports & participate in the community. This may include resolving points of crisis & developing resilience in the participant’s network.
- Training in planning and plan management to participants.
- Participant focused
- Strong contract management skills
- System navigation and utilisation
- Time management skills
- Proficient team member
- Represent Richmond Futures in the community
- Work with community partners and building relationships
- Professional case noting
- Adhere to policies and values
- Planning, organising, and problem solving
- Adapting and responding to change and coping with challenges.
Applicants are expected to have Cert. IV Mental Health or equivalent to be considered for that role.
Only candidates who can legally work in Australia and fully COVID-19 vaccinated should apply and a current Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People Card (NDIS Worker) and First Aid will be required for all new appointments.
To apply for this role please submit your resume with one page cover letter addressing the selection criteria through Seek. Applicants may be interviewed prior to closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact People & Culture team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Application close COB 17 May 2022.
Apply Via SeekApply Now