Full-time | Devonport and North West
This position will work with people experiencing severe and persistent mental illness to provide support within their community. It will support NDIS participants to access supports and learn how to access their own supports, including the ongoing management and use of their plan funds. It is responsible for providing NDIS participants high level services and support, engaging them under a participant focused model based on recovery and staying within the community. This position will work directly with the Community Support Team Leader receiving direction support and advice from this role.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
This role works directly with NDIS participants providing:
- Assistance to strengthen participant’s abilities to coordinate supports & participate in the community. This includes resolving points of crisis, developing capacity & resilience in a participant’s network & coordinating supports from a range of sources.
- Support is provided to guide, prompt, or undertake activities to ensure the participant obtains/retains appropriate accommodation. May include assisting to apply for a rental tenancy or to undertake tenancy obligations.
- Further qualifications/experience required to strengthen a higher needs participant’s ability to coordinate their supports & participate in the community. This may include resolving points of crisis & developing resilience in the participant’s network.
- Training in planning and plan management to participants.
- Cert IV Mental Health or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and National Mental Health Standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of psychosocial disability, the functional impact upon people’s lives and the delivery of participant centred active support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail in administrative processes and analytical skills.
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety.
- Previous work experience in support coordination settings.
Only candidates who can legally work in Australia should apply and a current Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People Card and COVID vaccination certificate will be required for all new appointments.
To apply for this role please submit your resume with one page cover letter addressing the selection criteria through Seek.
Applicants may be interviewed prior to closing date.
For a position description and more information please contact email@example.com
Applications close Thursday 11 August 2022.
Apply Via SeekApply Now