Casual / Vacation | Hobart
This position will walk alongside people accessing NDIS supports for a primary psychosocial disability. This position is not to replace a Support Coordinator. Instead, this position will work with people to increase their independence, social participation and economic participation. The Psychosocial Recovery Coach will assist NDIS participants to take more control of their lives and better manage the complex challenges of day to day living. This position will also, on occasion, facilitate connecting participants with mainstream supports, collaborating with other services and acting in a coaching capacity.
Duties includes but not limited to:
This role works directly with NDIS participants providing:
- Support directly to participants who have established services coordinated in exercising choice and control and building capacity to manage own supports.
- Support is provided to assist participants to develop recovery enabling relationships and plan for recovery oriented goals
- Coaching participants to increase recovery skills and personal capacity, including motivation, strengths, resilience and decision making.
- Qualifications in Mental Health or Peer Work specifically will enable Recovery Coaches to understand their role is not to do for the participant but rather to do with, with the primary goal of building participants capacity to manage own supports.
- Recovery Coaches will implement participants recovery focused plan, document progress towards goals, support engagement with the NDIS and prepare reports for NDIS participants plan review.
- Participant focused
- Peer worker skills
- Coaching, counselling and/or coordinating capacity
- High level communication skills
- Time management skills
- Proficient team member
- Represent Richmond Futures in the community
- Work with community partners and building relationships
- Professional case noting
- Adhere to policies and values
- Planning, organising and problem solving
- Adapting and responding to change and coping with challenges
Only candidates who can legally work in Australia and fully COVID-19 vaccinated should apply and a current Police Check, and Working with Vulnerable People Card (NDIS Worker) will be required for all new appointments.
To apply for this role please submit your resume with one page cover letter addressing the selection criteria through Seek. Applicants may be interviewed prior to closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact People & Culture team via email@example.com
Application close COB 30 March 2022.
Apply Via SeekApply Now