Richmond Futures is a wholly owned subsidiary of Richmond Fellowship Tasmania Inc., the largest community-based providers of community mental health services in Tasmania. Our vision is to ‘inspire a healthy community, where people are leaders in their own lives’ and our mission is to ‘deliver excellence through person centred, recovery and wellbeing services’. We strive to achieve this by promoting choice and control for all our consumers and NDIS participants and deliver services that help them achieve their goals.
We believe that recovery is an individual process and that with the right kind of support everyone can live a life based on their own strengths, values and goals for the future. We use an approach that supports individuals to identify their personal strengths and values, to set goals and then helps them make progress towards achieving them.
This position will work with people with severe and persistent mental illness to provide support within their community. It will support NDIS participants with daily living skills, access to the community, self-care activities and social skills development. It is responsible for providing NDIS participants high level services and support, engaging them under a participant focused model focused on recovery and staying within the community. This position will work directly with the Community Support Team Leader receiving direction support and advice from this role.
This role works directly with NDIS participants providing:
- Assistance to participants to undertake and/or develop skills to maintain their home environment where the participant reside in their own home & has sole or substantial responsibility for its maintenance. Includes assisting participant to do basic house & yard work.
- Assisting with, and/or supervising, personal tasks of daily life to develop skills of the participant to live as autonomously as possible.
- Provision of support to enable a participant to independently engage in community, social and recreational activities during the week
- Individual life skills development and training including public transport training and support, developing skills for community, social and recreational participation.
- Social skills development with an individual, for participation in community and social activities.
To apply for this role
All applications must include a CV and Covering Letter explaining your interest in this position, and must be applied for through the Seek “Apply” button.
To apply, please:
- Include three current references
- Ensure files are either Word or PDF format
- Use the Seek “Apply” button
You will be expected to be able to provide a current Police Check, WWVP check and valid First Aid qualification.
To view this ad on Seek, click here.